Exploring the Metropolis focuses on the built environment and helps these two New York City cultural communities:
- Performing artists/companies seeking affordable, suitable workspace to rehearse and perform
- Cultural facilities with underused space and the need to activate them
How do we do this?
- Engage with cultural communities and facilities through studies of their physical facility needs, operating structures, etc.
- Work for and with government by supplying neutral data and resources based on specialized experience.
- Provide opportunities for composers and choreographers through our residency programs.
- Created NYC Performing Arts Spaces, the free database website, starting in 2001 and now operated by Fractured Atlas as Space Finder NYC.
More about us…